Wednesday, May 11, 2011

pets and a wonky chair

so it has been a while since I have updated this blog because I use my husband's computer and his wonky computer chair is broken. We call this chair the "Super Adventure Chair" because it is held together by one bolt.
Anyways I finished watching an episode of Doctor Who and was about to nap when our cat Monday jumped down to lie on me and had Paul's cat at my feet. Monday was purring and I said "I love you Monday. I love all my pets. You guys really help me get through the hard times. I am also lucky to have found Shawn and so many good friends."
And then it dawned on me. I have met so many good friends here. Shawn's lodge feels like family. I miss my parents but I know when they visit they will understand. I have met great friends, great doctors who actually keep me in the loop with this disease, wonderful, breathtaking nature, a great climate, fresh food...

Grass is greener on the other side. I could never move back. This IS our home now

1 comment:

  1. And we love you too! I really am glad that you ended up here in Portland so that I could meet such a wonderful friend.

    ReplyDelete